Those of you who read my blog might think, “What the hell does this guy know; he’s probably some “know-it-all” who preaches to the crowd but does not practice what he preaches. Well I am here to take a dose of my own medicine to show you how effective the concepts that I often talk about on the blog (i.e. strength training, interval training, foam rolling, stretching, precision nutrition, supplement strategy, consistency, progression, NOT JUST DISTANCE RUNNING, etc…) are at transforming a body.
I would be lying if I said that I am starting from scratch, because I am not. I strength train four times per week, I foam roll regularly, I stretch regularly, and I am at an advantage because of the lean muscle mass I have gained from strength training; however, I am in a job situation where several factors are quite challenging, most notably nutrition. I travel a lot, and many meals are provided for me (sounds familiar sales people and business execs?). With nutrition being one of the biggest factors in transforming your physique, I am going to prove that “where there is a will, there is a way.”
Here’s a snap-shot at what my training/eating schedule will be like for the next 8-10 weeks:
1) Strength Train 4 times per week (Monday-Total Body, Wednesday-Upper Body, Thursday-Lower body, Saturday-Total Body)
2) Interval Training 3 times per week (Tuesday-Sprints, Friday-Stationary Bike, Sunday-Stadium Stairs)
3) Foam Roll and Static Stretching every day prior to activity
4) Nutrition: Eat 6 meals per day (9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm, 9pm, 12am) Following Precision Nutrition’s Get Shredded Diet.
5) Supplement Strategy: OmegaPlex (Fish oil), CorePlex (Multi-vitamin), Catalyst (amino acids), Muscle Fuel (Pre-Workout Drink), and Muscle Gain (Post-workout protein consumption). These are all very healthy supplements that go well in any diet, but are even more important for those dieting or restricting calories in order to still get all of the body’s essential nutrients. All of these products are Advocare products, which are some of the safest, most effective supplements I have come across in my travels. Yes, I am a distributor of the products and I can make money from distributing them, but I will let my transformation back up my claims about their effectiveness.
As I mentioned in last week’s blog post, I am getting married this October. Again, as I said in my last post, if you cannot get motivated to look your best for the most special day of your life, what are the chances of it happening any other time? So, if you are getting married in the near future, I hope I can do my best at inspiring you to look your best for your special day. Oh yeah, I almost forgot, here is my BEFORE picture.
Stay Tuned for next week’s blog post and an update on my progress.
Time to get to work!
– Coach Street